I have a lot of fond memories of Michael Jackson. I remember when I was growing up we had a VHS of "The Making of Thriller" which included several of the music videos from the "Thriller" album. It took you through the whole process of the making of the video from makeup and warderobe, to coreography. We wore that tape out watching it over and over.
(Mom... do we still have that tape?)
.

I think my earliest MJ memory was seeing the posters and pictures and folders that my cousin Amy had in her room. For some reason, I especially remember the picture of him in the yellow sweater vest. Granted he got a really weird really quick, but a gifted performer and artist nonetheless. My sister Lisa even got to go to "Neverland Ranch" for a day. Don't worry, Michael wasn't there. I don't remember the circumstances around her trip there, but she had fun. Lisa is a HUGE MJ fan. She is greiving right now too. I think she's had nothing but Michael on her IPOD for the last week.
Michael Jackson is a concert that I've always said I would pay anthing to see. Oh well, I guess I'll never know ...
.

I know Cow, such a loss! He was a HUGE icon to our generation and even generations before and after ours. No doubt he will remain an icon to generations to come as well. I would have paid anything to see him in concert, too bad. Such a sad loss!
ReplyDeleteAnd on a more positive note ar you coming to CA anytime soon!? Miss you!
We are actually planning on coming down the weekend of July 11th. That's all I've got so far, but I'll let you know. It would be fun to see you!
ReplyDeleteAnd speaking of kids...when are you gonna get the ball rolling?? Hey, you brought it up (:
ReplyDeleteYeah, when you gonna get the ball rolling? Just Kidding..
ReplyDeleteI never knew Lisa got to go to Neverland. That is awesome! I am truly sad he is gone....RIP
When Michael turned into a warewolf at the begining of "Thriller" I used to hide behind the couch. Laura you failed to mention the "Moonwalker" video, we watched that one a lot too. It had the "Bad" and "Smooth Criminal" videos. Good Times!
ReplyDelete