Sunday, June 14, 2009

Washington

Last weekend James and I had a wonderful weekend in Bellingham Washington. This is actually where he grew up. Not only did I get to see how beautiful it is up there, but I got to meet his step-mother Kathie for the first time, as well as his Aunt JoAnne and Uncle Ronnie from Kansas. They were all so wonderful. I haven’t met much of James’ Dad’s side of the family, so it was a real treat.
We all went out to dinner at a seafood restaurant at the marina
for James' birthday. It was delicious.
(Kathie is on the left, and JoAnn and Ronnie are on the right)

The house James grew up in used to be a barn. It is such a
neat house and has a beautiful kitchen with windows everywhere.
.


This is the forest at the front of the property
and the dirt road you drive in through.
.

The sun was going down behind the trees
and it almost looked like fire behind them.

This is the view from the back deck.
The neighbor was mowing the ... lawn?
.
One of the things that James and I were to do while
we were there was to go through the shed/workshop.
This is where James and his Dad spent a lot of time
building things and playing pool. James and his dad actually
built a lot of clocks together.
.
There were several pictures of the clocks
they had made on the wall.
.
We went to the Farmer's market one afternoon...
.
And went to the Demming Speedway.
The race little Indy cars here.
.

This is the sign that was outside of James's Dad's
Veterinary practice in Washington.
As a bonus, I got a whole bunch of pictures of James when he was a baby.
Awwwww....... so cute!
.

With Dad and Grandpa
.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!! It looks like such a beautiful place to grow up! Love the pics of baby James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had SO much fun! I love all the pictures, what a beautiful place. I have never been to Washington, but I hear that it is SO beautiful...looks like it! How neat for you to be able to see where James grew up, and what cute baby pictures!! Is cow having some baby fever??? LOL, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I haven't been to WA either, but I hear it is awesome. And he looks the exact same as his baby pictures! By the way, I love the Crocs post. I'm not gonna lie Laura, I hate them but I've heard they are so freaking comfy. I laughed so hard at your post. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so you were in Washington and didn't visit? You are in big trouble. :-)

    Just teasing, I promise. I am really glad you got to go. It sounds like a great trip and I LOVE the baby pics.

    ReplyDelete