I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Bakerella Blog, if you're not you must check out the site, it is adorable. She makes all kinds of these "Cake Pops" that are so sinkin' cute that I was inspired to try it myself. It didn't go over well. The "cake pop" is a whole baked cake crumbled up then mixed with a can of cream cheese (or whatever) frosting, then rolled into balls and dipped in chocolate. These were my problems...
.
.
First of all, the batter was really sticky. I think I made the balls too big, or didn't let them chill for long enough because they fell off the sticks into the chocolate leaving little brown specs in my nice yellow chocolate. Then after I dipped them, the chocolate ran down the sticks and it was hard to make the chocolate smooth... I don't know how she does it. I also bought some black decorator gel instead of using the edible ink pen as recommended, and it was really hard to work with. Just buy the pen, it will be better. I intended to do the "smiley face" ones because they looked the easiest, but I tried one of the "baby chick" ones too because it's Easter season...
I think it looks like a platypus... or something.
And Thank You for shopping at Wal-Mart
I'm not giving up though.
I will live to "Cake Pop" another Day.
I will live to "Cake Pop" another Day.
LOL, I tried them too cow! And after a few tries it gets easier and they look better! Did you freeze them before putting the stick in? That helps...also dip the stick in frosting before you stick in it too (:
ReplyDeleteDip in frosting? i dipped in chocolate. yeah, i froze them after referigerating them didn't work.
ReplyDeleteIf i had a Bakerella-Cake-Pop-Party would you come? Doesn't that sound like fun?!
That's so funny. I'll have to check out that website because I've never heard of those. They look tasty though so that's disappointing that they weren't that good. You'll have to keep me updated on other tips so I can try it too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Natalie! She's got such a fun website, you must check it out. I'd love to get a group together and do some fun baking like this.
ReplyDelete