Sunday, November 27, 2011

Veteran's Day

 We went to a Veteran's Day Celebration at a park in Yucaipa.  My brother, Hans, plays the Bagpipes and his group performed at the ceremony.  They played two songs.  One of them was Amazing Grace which for some reason always makes me teary when I hear it on the bagpipes.  It was a really nice program.  There was also a great turnout which made me happy.  My grandfather was in the Air Force and Luke's Great Grandfathers were both in the Navy.  The men and women that served and currently serve our country seem to be under appreciated.  They sacrifice so much on a daily basis and I am so grateful for them.


 Mom, Dad, Sonali and Luke
 Hans is on the right.
Dad says that you are not allowed to hold a baby while wearing a Kilt... I guess it is not manly or something... says the guy wearing a skirt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment